tirsdag den 2. august 2011

Dear Roger,



Look at me. Can you get the sense from this picture that, although a bit hung over, I was trying to be, or at least to appear to be realistically, in fact authentically sincere ? 1983...where was I then ?




After my trip to London between March and June, I spent the rest of the summer in Bucharest, watching some movies, reading some books, walking around, thinking about my past and my future, and enjoying the present. I didn't spend too much time thinking about you, your opinions and statements, or about your interpretation of my chosen careers.

From all the stuff I experienced that summer in Bucharest, I particularly remember a staircase from inside this building which no longer exists:



I usually remember most of the cobbled streets I walked on in my life, but not this particular one. I only remember the sunlight streaming through the windows as I was on that staircase inside this buiding. I was supposed to take part in a job, but it was vacation time for all, so I ended up just visiting that building, then going back to the apartment. Nothing much happened afterwards until November.

I will not fall into the trap of starting to formulate value judgments about which actor other than you may have had better PR uses for my various employers over time. I'll just say that I think I like Mr. Caine a little better than I like Mr. Connery, but I just cannot explain why, plus it has nothing to do with my screen name, (James C. Bond), or with Mr. Ian Lancaster Fleming's literary fiction character.

Sincerely yours,










5 kommentarer:

Vienela sagde ...

Rudolph, tu esti in poza aceasta? Am vazut discutiile de la Cuvanta de pe blog si ti-am luat tot blogul la control, cautand fotografii cu tine.
As vrea sa am mai mult timp la dispozitie, sa citesc tot ce ai scris inainte ca eu sa te descopar. Am vazut atatea postari interesante!

Rudolph Aspirant sagde ...

Ha ! Ha ! Zau, cum sa fiu eu asta ? Asta e un model profesionist. Din pacate nu mai stiu cum il cheama, pt ca as fi mentionat numele lui. Cred ca ai nimerit aici peste unul din putinele mele articole in care incercam sa ma exprim in stil oarecum mai literar, pt ca am mai facut din cand in cand stradanii de genul asta.

Vienela sagde ...

Ha, ha, si eu le aratam baietilor poza spunand ca daca in poza esti tu, atunci ar trebui sa pui foarte des poze cu tine pe blog, ca arati super. :))
Pe unde sunt pozele tale despre care vorbea Raul?

Rudolph Aspirant sagde ...

Habar nu am despre ce poze vorbea Raul !

Vienela sagde ...

Spunea ca la inceput puneai poze cu tine pe blog, ca am fi stiut daca te citeam de la inceput. Dar daca le-ai sters sau nu vrei sa mi le arati e ok, nu am nici un motiv sa ma supar. Eram doar curioasa sa vad cum arati. ;)